Banana is the most consumed fruit in the world. Exports of this fruit – originally from Southeast Asia – in 2014 amounted to about 18.6 million tons, with a financial value of about 11 billion dollars
Banana is one of the fruits that everyone loves without exception, it is delicious, sweet and very healthy. They are rich in pectin, which helps digestion and remove toxins and heavy metals from the body.
Each 100 grams of banana contains about 0.3 grams of total fat and cholesterol, about one milligram of salt, about 360 milligrams of potassium, about 2.6 grams of dietary fiber, about 12 grams of sugar and 1.1 grams of protein.
It also stimulates the growth of good bacteria in the intestines, and produces digestive enzymes to help absorb nutrients. Athletes prefer to take it before exercise with a cup of coffee because it stimulates the muscles. It also adds in dessert recipes to the taste of the recipe, making it have a distinctive taste.
What is the best type of banana for cake?
He dwarf banana, also known as water banana or dwarf banana is considered the best banana for making cake. This happens because the dwarf banana presents the perfect balance between the soft and sweet pulp, which facilitates its union with the other ingredients of the recipe.
Now that you know how to prepare this delicious recipe for banana cake with simple oatmeal, enjoy your visit to our blog and read the text “Bolo de Paçoca: Easy Recipe with Filling and Coverage to Smear” right now and surprise family and friends with this delight.
5 Reasons Why You Should Eat More Bananas
1. They’re a Superfood :
Compared to apples, bananas have twice as many carbohydrates, five times as much vitamin A and iron, and three times as much phosphorus. Bananas are also rich in potassium, fiber, vitamin C and natural sugars. Because the fruit’s sugar content is balanced with fiber, it helps maintain a healthy blood glucose level. Even people with diabetes can enjoy a banana.
2. They’re Good For Your Heart : High in potassium and low in salt, bananas are able to lower blood pressure and protect against heart attacks and strokes.
3. They Give You That Extra Boost : Eat a banana to energize you before a workout, because they contain natural compounds that help to boost the body with natural energy. Two bananas can power you through an hour and a half workout or walk, or whatever exercise method you choose. Aside from providing energy, bananas can also protect against muscle cramps during workouts.
4. They Keep Things Moving : Well-ripened bananas have a type of fiber that helps to restore and maintain regular bowel functions. Bananas are also a natural antacid, providing relief from acid reflux and heartburn.
5. They Make You Smile :
Bananas may naturally help people overcome depression, as serotonin and norepinephrine exist in bananas. These mood-regulating substances may help your mind and body relax so that you feel happier.
- Vegetable oil : I opted for olive oil (it’s my favorite oil), but other options are soybean, corn or sunflower oil, for example.
- Banana : use very ripe bananas, they are softer and tastier, make the cake sweeter and have an intensified fruit flavor. If you are going to use frozen bananas , it is necessary to thaw them first and let them come to room temperature.
- Sugar : to sweeten it a little more. In the photo we show crystal sugar, but you can also use demerara.
- Wheat flour : it is the main flour of our cake, which will give structure to the dough. There is no replacement for her. If you want a wheat-free version, check out our Gluten -Free Banana Cake and Caramelized Banana Cake recipes .
- Coarse flaked oatmeal : is incorporated into the dough and provides an optimal texture for the cake.
- We also use water , chemical yeast and baking soda to make the cake rise, salt to balance the flavors and cinnamon powder to make everything tastier. You can also use vanilla extract if you like.
HOW TO MAKE BANANA OATMEAL CAKE
There’s no mystery: just mash the banana, mix the other liquid ingredients, sieve the solids, incorporate the oats and that’s it. Just mix it up .
Then just transfer the dough to a greased shape (with oil or good quality parchment paper ) and bake in a preheated oven until golden and large. It takes around 1 hour. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean.
I really like using a bread pan because I think the cake is especially beautiful (and convenient to serve) that way. You can use any other way you want.
Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cake RecipeCourse: Gateaux Recipes
A cake for breakfast, yes, please!!! My banana oatmeal cake recipe is filled with healthy ingredients like oats, jaggery, almond, and flax. It is made without flour, processed sugar, and butter. Make it ahead of time and freeze it to snack whenever cravings strike! Vegan and Gluten-Free.
1 cup + 2 tablespoons of ripe banana, well mashed ( 280 grams)
3/4 cup of sugar ( 188 grams)
1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cup of water
1/3 cup olive oil or other vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
2 cups of wheat flour ( 300 grams)
1 teaspoon of chemical yeast powder
1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
1 cup of rolled oats ( 110 grams)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and prepare a 22 x 11 cm rectangular shape by greasing it with vegetable oil or good quality parchment paper . Reserve.
- In a bowl, add the mashed banana, sugar, cinnamon, salt, water, olive oil and vanilla extract and mix well with a whisk.
- Hold a sieve over the bowl with the liquids and sift the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
- Lightly mix the dry and wet ingredients together until everything is well incorporated.
- Then add the rolled oats . Mix.
- Distribute the dough in the reserved form, sprinkle some oatmeal in thick flakes on top (optional) and bake in the preheated oven until the cake is firm and golden, around 60 minutes. An inserted toothpick should come out dry. Allow to cool before unmolding and slicing.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container outside the fridge for 3 days and in the fridge for 1 week. You can also freeze: cut the cake into slices and store in silicone or plastic bags for up to 3 months in the freezer.